food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wacky Cake (1970s!)

Hello! I am back from my hiatus, and hope to post about once a week for the foreseeable future. The cake I'm blogging about today is a recipe from the 1970s that I made for my 1970s seminar when we had a potluck for our last class of the semester. It's a vegan chocolate cake made with vinegar, with a slightly grainy chocolate icing- pretty damn good!

Here are the cake ingredients in the pan, with the wells for the wet ingredients...


And here's the batter, all mixed up- you make it right in the pan, so easy!!

And here's the cake all baked up!
Here's the icing ingredients being added together on the stove.

And here's the icing all finished up.

The finished cake!! It's chocolatey and super easy to make.

And here's the recipe! I thought it best to reprint it from where I found it, with the source.

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment