food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cake

This cake is actually what I made for Thanksgiving dessert back in November, but I'm just getting around to it now. It was fabulously delicious and I highly recommend making it!


Here's the batter all mixed up!

And the cupcakes ready for the oven!


Pumpkin Spice Cake
-1 15 oz can pumpkin
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-1 1/4 cups veggie oil or applesauce (I used over 1/2 applesauce)
-4 eggs
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-3 cups flour
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (fresh is best)
-1/4 teaspoon allspice
-1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
-1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix the pumpkin, sugar, and oil, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Bake at 350 F for 40-45 min for a 9x13'' pan, or shorter for cupcakes. Cool completely before icing.


And here are my cupcakes (and stars!) all baked up. Aren't the stars fun?!


I'll be back next week with the recipe for the icing!!
Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment