food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Zucchini Salami Pasta

Hey there!

My mom has been making this recipe for my sister and I since we were little kids, and it is so good. So I had the idea the other day and made sure my sister and I got the ingredients at the store. Dare whipped this up last night and it was as delicious as ever. The ingredients are simple and so is the preparation- this is a 30 minute dinner- but the results are flavorful and make a good hearty dinner.

Because I didn't make this myself this time, I've only got pictures of the results, but you should be able to whip this up no problem- very few steps, one pan, and one pot- let's go!

Here's the pasta tossed with the zucchini and salami- ready for serving and topping with cheese!



Zucchini Salami Pasta
-2 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 lb. salami or pepperoni, cut into matchsticks
-1/2 cup whipping cream or half and half
-salt and pepper
-1/2 lb. fettucine/linguine, cooked normally and drained
-parmesan or romano cheese, to top.
Sauté the zucchini in the olive oil until just browned. Add the garlic and salami and simmer for a few minutes on low. Add the cream or half and half, and heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss with the cooked and drained pasta, and serve, topping each portion with grated parmesan or romano cheese.



The finished product- delish!!


Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment