food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Egg Roll Dipping Sauce

Hi there everyone!

This week is somewhat of a cheat recipe. I came up with it the other day after buying some frozen egg rolls (craving!), but they didn't come with any sauce- so I figured I'd make my own. The idea evolved a little, but this is pretty much the ingredient list I started with- I just somehow got lucky this time and thought of the right flavors the first time! Let's go.

Your super-simple arsenal of ingredients that you probably already have!


Egg Roll Dipping Sauce
-peach or apricot jam
-honey
-appropriate vinegar of your choosing (I use apple cider vinegar)
-neutral hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
-red pepper flakes
The jam will make up the bulk of your sauce, with vinegar coming second, and honey third.
Add the hot sauce and red pepper flakes to your taste- I think it absolutely needs just a little for flavor, and definitely add more for more spiciness!
Mix all ingredients together well. Dip!


Not the prettiest or easiest to take a picture of, but I'm sure you get the idea. Easy and delish!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment