food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Lime Cornmeal Cookies

Hey everyone!

I am so sorry that it has been so long! As I said in my last post, I have been incredibly busy, so much so that I'm not sure that I'll be returning to a regular posting schedule yet, but here is one recipe for you at the very least. My now fiancé J made these cookies according to the linked recipe below with only one change which I'll outline, which is why I can't post the recipe directly- it belongs to someone else!

The recipe is here at The Kitchn called Cornmeal Lime Cookies.
The change that my fiancé J made was that he soaked the cornmeal in 1/4 cup of liquid until it was absorbed, which made for chewier cookies which stayed together better.
Let me show you some pics!

Here is your arsenal- fairly straightforward cookies except for the cornmeal and limes!
And here is everyone ready to be mixed- zest of limes, dry ingredients, butter and sugar for creaming, and soaked cornmeal (and don't forget the lime for juice!).
Cream your butter and sugar, beat in the lime zest and juice, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Then mix in your cornmeal and dry ingredients.
Bake on a nonstick sheet!
And while they cool, make a glaze of lime juice, lime zest, and confectioner's sugar.
Here's your easy glaze!
And here are your cookies right out of the oven...
And here they are all done and glazed- yum!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment