food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Healthy (but delicious!) Banana Bread

I love this banana bread. I love it. I modified one of my favorite recipes to be a lot healthier, and it's just fabulous, you can't even tell the difference! I'll just get on to sharing it with you.


Here are the ingredients, I just left out the vanilla that I added!

Here's the batter all mixed up- I did use walnuts.


Healthy Banana Bread
-1/4 cup veggie oil
-3/4 cup applesauce
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-4 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-4-5 bananas
-2 cups white flour
-1 cup white whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon nutmeg
-walnuts, optional
Mix together the veggie oil and applesauce, then add the sugar in. Beat in the eggs, then smoosh in the bananas with a potato masher or similar implement. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Put the batter into greased muffin tins, loaf pans, whatever you like.
Bake at 350 F until golden brown and a toothpick (or knife) inserted in the middle comes out clean.


Here's the banana bread in the oven- I used loaf pans and got three.

And the finished banana bread! It is so delicious we've just been gobbling it up!

Also feel free to add in anything you like- I like walnuts, but you could use different nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips if you're feeling naught, etc. Have fun with it!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment