food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Puppy Chow

Hello again,
     I apologize for the wait in posts! I just graduated from college last Monday, so you can imagine that things have been a little hectic! I'll be doing my best as the summer goes on, but things may be a little spotty at points- I'll try to keep you updated! Enjoy the recipe :)

Today I've got the original puppy chow to share with you all. You saw the variation I tried with white chocolate, so I thought I'd share the original chocolate-peanut-buttery goodness. It, too, is quite easy to make and so so delicious.

The ingredients for the topping...

And the topping all ready to be poured.


Puppy Chow
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup butter
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-9 cups crispix or chex-type cereal
-3 cups powdered sugar
Put the peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and microwave in 30 second-1 minute bursts and stir in between until melted. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour the peanut butter-chocolate mixture over the cereal and toss well.
Sprinkle the sugar over the top in thirds, mixing each time, just like the other puppy chow.


Here's the cereal all mixed up with the peanut butter and chocolate...
And the puppy chow all tossed and ready to eat- yummm!

This is super easy and delicious- give it a shot! Great as a snack or dessert.
Savor it,
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment