food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Delicious (and Easy!) Egg Salad

Hi again everyone,

Recently I've become an egg salad convert. It started when I would go to the dining hall, and that would be the only appetizing option, so I'd make an egg salad sandwich. Finally I decided that I would make egg salad for myself, at home- why not? Have something tasty and delicious and also nutritious with which I can make a quick meal any time of day. I even make sandwiches and put them in a little tupperware and take them along with me if I'm in a hurry!

Here's on to the recipe and pictures...

Here are the ingredients, minus the eggs.

Here are the eggs after boiling, in the cold-water bath.

And here are your peeled eggs, ready to mash!


Egg Salad
-6 or so hard-boiled eggs
-2+ tablespoons mayo
-tiny squeeze lemon or lime juice
-2-3 stalks celery, diced
-salt and pepper to taste
To hard boil the eggs, put them in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for about 9-10 minutes. Immediately put the eggs into a cold water and ice bath to stop the cooking.
Peel the eggs, then put them in a container with the mayo and juice and mash well (or to your desired texture). Mashing with a potato masher works great, or just a fork.
Add more mayo to adjust.
Stir in the diced celery, then season with salt and pepper.


Here are your ingredients all ready to mash together.

And here's the finished salad. Not too appetizing looking by itself, but put it on a sandwich with lettuce and cheese and you're good to go!

I hope you all enjoy!
Savor it,
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment