food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rice Krispie Treats (Regular and Chocolate!)

Hi!

Today I have a super easy recipe for you. Something that most people probably don't even need a recipe for, and after you've made it once or twice, you'll be ready to throw these together at a moment's notice too. You know what I'm talking about- those treats you loved as a kid and you secretly still do. Rice Krispie Treats. So simple, so indulgent and guilty-feeling, but oh so good. Yet another reminder that simple delicious happiness is only a few ingredients and a few minutes away!!

What I did a little differently today was that I made two half-batches of rice krispies- one the regular vanilla and one with some new chocolate marshmallows- yumm! I've made marshmallows before, and I'll make them again once my mom and I are in the same place again- it's a guilty pleasure of hers- and I'll blog those then. For now I won't go into more detail- I'll just show you the pictures, so even the most marshmallow-shy will know exactly what to do!

Here are your super simple ingredients- rice krispies, marshmallows, and butter.

Regular Krispies- all in quantities for a 1/2 batch.


Chocolate Krispies- same deal here for the quantities.


Rice Krispie Treats
Regular Batch
-3 tablespoons butter
-10 oz. (standard package) marshmallows (or 1-8 oz. container marshmallow fluff- your treats just won't be as firm, but they'll taste just as good, and be vegetarian!)
-6 cups puffed rice/rice krispies cereal
Chocolate Batch
-2 1/2 tablespoons butter
-8 oz. chocolate marshmallows (standard package)
-5 cups puffed rice/rice krispies cereal
Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium size bowl. Add marshmallows and microwave 30 seconds-1 minute. Stir together completely. Stir in puffed rice and press into a greased 11x7'' or 9x13'' pan. Refrigerate about an hour, or until firm.

If you want to get creative, you can stir in chocolate chips, ice/frost the treats, put on sprinkles, etc.- go wild!


Your butter and regular marshmallows, all puffed up and ready for the cereal.

Same deal here, but with chocolate marshmallows. They were a little smaller, so I microwaved for about 15 seconds less. If you end up using mini marshmallows or especially fluff, microwave less.

The finished treats- chocolate and vanilla. One of my secret favorite things, now times two!


Savor it!
Love, Rue

p.s. I promise the marshmallow recipe and steps soon, and when you make those, you can make whatever flavor you want, so you could really get creative here!

No comments:

Post a Comment