food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, April 15, 2013

English Muffin Pizzas

Hello dear readers-

I gotta say, I can't believe I haven't thought of this before. I've come across the thought a time or two but it never stuck in my mind and I never gave it a go before. But as I stood in front of the fridge trying to figure out some food that I really really needed to eat, it clicked. I have cheese, I have pestos (I prefer these to pizza sauce though certainly go for it), I have apple, salami, onion. And what do I have to put it on? Some english muffins I popped in the freezer a month or two back. I pulled one out, defrosted it briefly, topped it, and popped those babies in the toaster oven till browned on top and bubbly!

This is far more of a technique than a recipe- use whatever english muffins you want, whatever sauces, cheeses, veggies, etc.- get creative, you can put anything on here! It's especially fun to experiment with toppings on these because you get to make two at once (one on each half of the muffin), and they're small (so cute!).

I didn't take too many pictures, because so much of it was self-explanatory, and because I didn't think of it enough at the time (as I said, I was hungry!!). That said, let me show you what I made.


I know full well that this is a bad picture- it's hard to get a good one on foil! But these are the pizzas before I popped them in the toaster oven.
This is the pizza on the right above- basil pesto, mozzarella and parmesan, apple bits, chopped walnuts, and a drizzle of lime juice once pulled out of the oven.

On this one I used sun-dried-tomato pesto, mozzarella and parmesan, onions, and salami.


English Muffin Pizza
-english muffins
-pizza toppings
This is honestly as easy as it sounds and is much more a technique than a recipe. Split your english muffin in half and make each half into a mini-pizza- get creative with those toppings! Then stick the mini-pizzas in your toaster oven (or oven) for about 5 minutes- until browned on top.
Delicious and great as a snack or meal.


I'm not usually huge on taking pictures of food this close up, etc., but with this I felt that it helped to show just how close this was to real pizza- I was so fantastically surprised!

Savor it!
love, rue

2 comments:

  1. Rue, great idea! I sometimes use flat breads but this would be fab. Please do drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if you are ok with me linking it to my blog (Carole's Chatter). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to link to this on your blog, just as long as it links back to this post. Thanks!! Rue

      Delete