food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, May 12, 2014

Raised/Yeast Waffles

Hey everyone!

Yes, it's about time for another waffle/pancake post! I know I've done some raised waffles before, but this time I did them a bit differently and I thought I'd share that recipe with you. These are some of the crispiest-yet-still-tender waffles I've ever made/had. This is sort of a standard kind of recipe- I made my particular recipe out of several different recipes and suggestions I found in various places, so it's not like these waffles are my idea, but I can show them to you!! Let's do it.

Mix your yeast and water in a large bowl.
Add in your next group of ingredients...
...and mix well until it's smooth. Cover and let sit overnight.
The next morning: what it looks like.
Add in your eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
Beat well until smooth. Batter will be thin.
Make in (non-Belgian) waffle maker- pour in just over 1 cup of batter.


Raised/Yeast Waffles
-1/2 cup warm water
-1 packet/2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
-2 cups warm milk
-1/2 cup melted butter
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon sugar
-2 cups flour
-2 eggs
-1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Mix warm water and yeast in a large bowl, let stand for 5 minutes.
Add in the milk, butter, salt, sugar, and flour, and beat until smooth.
Cover with plastic wrap and let stand on the counter overnight.
Just before making (while your waffle maker is heating up), beat in the eggs, vanilla, and baking soda.
Make in your (non-Belgian; it won't work) waffle maker- keep a close eye on them, they are thin and delicate and do not take long and can get too crispy easily if you don’t pay close enough attention. Enjoy!


Just coming "off the press"- so good!
Some beautiful crispy waffles- give them a shot, it's a really easy recipe.

Savor it,
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment