food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, July 7, 2014

Glazed Shredded Wheat

Hey everyone, I'm back to work and back to the blog :)

I accidentally bought non-frosted, plain shredded wheat a couple of weeks ago, much to my unpleasant surprise when I went to eat it. I was going to give it away but I thought, perhaps I can get a glaze on there myself and it'll be like frosted shredded wheat, or sweetened at least!
I took the idea from the cracker toffee that I love so much, but I didn't want it so sweet, so I cut down on that. Let me show you!

All of your ingredients! Cereal, butter, sugar- how much easier can you get?
Heat up that butter and sugar for a few minutes in the microwave or on the stovetop- and keep an eye on it!
Then spoon the butter/sugar over the cereal.
Then bake for 12-14 minutes! This is how it should come out looking, or somewhere about here.


 Glazed Shredded Wheat
-6 cups cereal, single layer on greased baking sheet(s)
-1/2 cup butter (you can use less butter if you'd like, perhaps 6 tablespoons)
-1/2 cup white sugar
Microwave butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes. Stir well and spoon over cereal.
Bake at 350 F for 12-14 minutes.
Let cool, store in an airtight container or bag.
(Keep in the fridge if you have it for a while- no preservatives for that glaze, remember?)


Store in an airtight container and eat like, well, cereal! Enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment