food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Traditional Potato Salad

Hey there everyone!

This recipe is thanks to my helping out for the 4th- I'm not really an eater of traditional potato salad, so I probably would not have brought you a recipe otherwise, but I was assured by all present that it was really good. Let me show you- super simple.

Here's your arsenal! Pretty simple, and colorful!
Chop potatoes and eggs, then mash roughly.
Add in your chopped veggies and mix well. (I forgot the pickles and added them later- just fine!)
Here are your seasonings and binder- change ratios to your taste.
Add your mayo and then your seasonings and mix well.
And finally, I added in the chopped pickled I forgot about earlier.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished salad- it's pretty similar to the above, just mixed and with paprika sprinkled on top. People gobbled it right up before I could think of it!


Traditional Potato Salad
-Potatoes, boiled
-Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
-Red onion, chopped
-Green onion, chopped
-Celery, chopped
-Radish, chopped
-Sweet pickles, chopped (or relish, whichever you prefer)
-Mayonnaise
-Pickle Juice
-Dry mustard
-Salt & Pepper
-Paprika
Chop potatoes and eggs once cool then mash roughly.
Mix in all of the other ingredients- using your own ratios and amounts to make it however you like it- don’t like something, don’t use it, and use more or less of ingredients depending on what you like. This is a really easy recipe to play around with the amounts of- just start slow with the mayo because that is almost impossible to fix.
Chill. Sprinkle with paprika to serve.

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment