food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, September 22, 2014

"Golden Grahams" Bars

Hi there everyone!

OMG. These are SO GOOD. I would like to go downstairs right now and get one to eat while I write this, but it might ruin my dinner :)
So I basically got this idea from those cereal treat bars they sell in gas stations, as the "Golden Grahams" one is one of the few things I ever get at a gas station on a road trip somewhere. I knew I wouldn't be able to duplicate their product without a chemically stabilized binder to mix in chocolate pieces without their being any heat and then the bars still set- not in the real world! So this is my best so far- and seriously, they are super super easy and you should make them ASAP and maybe consider a half batch if you're alone, haha. Let's go!

Your super-simple arsenal: cereal, butter, marshmallows, and butterscotch and chocolate chips.
Melt and mix your marshmallows and butter, then get ready to add the rest of your ingredients...
...And mix well! It doesn't look to pretty right now, but no matter.
Press into a greased pan. (I have it pressed into about 2/3 of this pan because I was already using my 8x8 and I didn't want a whole batch in the house with me!) So really, use whatever works. Chill, then drizzle if you want to (I think it's great!), and chill again.


"Golden Grahams" Bars
-3 tablespoons butter
-50 large marshmallows
-6 cup Golden Grahams or similar cereal
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup butterscotch chips
-3-5 tablespoons chocolate chips for optional chocolate drizzle
Melt butter in a large microwave safe bowl.
Add marshmallows and microwave until all are nice and puffy and soft. Stir well.
Add in the cereal, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips, and stir well.
Press into a greased 9x13’’ pan. Chill.
Optional: Melt optional chocolate for drizzle in 20-30 second increments in the microwave, then drizzle over the top. Chill again.
Enjoy!


Your finished bars- marshmallow, butterscotch, chocolate, Golden Grahams- seriously, how could this be bad? And the best part is there's no baking and it only takes about 10 minutes for all of the work!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment