food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow

Hi there everyone!

This stuff is like crack, it's so addictive. I'm so glad I gave away almost all of it before I let myself dig in too much because I could have eaten the entire 1/2 batch I made! Now I've made Puppy Chow (a.k.a. Muddy Buddies, etc.) on here before, and this really just has a few tweaks. Let me show you the photos, then the recipe- it's super easy, and super yummy!

Your super-simple arsenal of ingredients- cereal, white chocolate, cinnamon, powdered sugar, and optional cinnamon chips!
Melt your white chocolate on low power in the microwave, then stir in 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
And here you are ready to assemble- Chex, cinnamon chips, white chocolate mix, and sugar and cinnamon in a ziploc for coating!
Add the cinnamon chips to the cereal, then toss with the white chocolate. Pour into the bag with the powdered sugar and cinnamon.
And here's what it looks like when it's just finished- yum!


Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
-1 1/2 cups (12 oz.) white chocolate chips
-2 teaspoons + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
-7-8 cups Chex cereal (I used Chocolate Chex to mix it up!)
-1 cup confectioner’s sugar
-1/2 cup cinnamon chips (optional)
Measure cereal into a large bowl (and cinnamon chips if using).
Measure your confectioner’s sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon into a gallon zip-bag.
Melt white chocolate and stir in 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Toss gently and thoroughly with cereal.
Pour cereal into bag with confectioner’s sugar. Shake gently but well.
Store airtight, removing excess confectioner’s sugar.


Your finished Puppy Chow- tastes like snickerdoodles, and is totally addictive- plan on rationing this!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment