food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Halloween Puppy Chow

Hi there!!

I'm sorry (not that sorry) to share sweet snacks two weeks in a row, but I had to fit this one in before Halloween, because I think it's the perfect thing to have around the house as festive snack for a party or just watching a movie or reading a scary story :) If you've been following my blog for any time, you've probably read one of my puppy chow recipes/explanations before, so I won't go into too much detail, I'll just say that this is delish, super easy, and a number of people call it 'muddy buddies', in case that rings a bell where 'puppy chow' doesn't! Let's go!

Arsenal: cereal, white chocolate, confectioner's sugar, and extras!
Mallowcreme & Candy Corn M&Ms in the corner, then the white chocolate mixture,
cinnamon chips, and a large bowl with the cereal.
Toss cereal with your melted white chocolate, and toss in cinnamon chips if using- it'll look messy- that's good!
Then get all of your cereal into your gallon bag with confectioner's sugar and pumpkin pie spice
Last, pour out onto wax paper to let it harden, then store airtight!


Pumpkin Spice Halloween Puppy Chow
-8 cups Chex cereal (I used half regular rice Chex-type cereal and half cinnamon Chex)
-12 oz. white chocolate chips (usually 1 bag) or candy melts (use orange for even more festivity!)
-1 tablespoon + 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-1/2 cup cinnamon chips (optional)
-1 cup confectioner’s/10x sugar
-1-2 cups mallowcreme pumpkins or autumn mix
Pour cereal into a very large bowl, and get out two spoons for tossing.
Prepare your gallon ziploc bag by pouring in the 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar and 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, shake around.
Melt your white chocolate slowly in the microwave or on a double boiler. Once melted, take off heat and add 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice.
Pour white chocolate mixture over cereal and toss well. If using, add cinnamon chips as well.
Transfer cereal mix to the gallon bag, toss well.
Pour out onto wax paper to harden and throw away bag and excess confectioner’s sugar.
Sprinkle with mallowcreme pumpkins or autumn mix.
[When I made this recipe this time, I put half of the mallowcreme candy in before shaking with the confectioner’s sugar, and half after, hence the pictures being a little off from the recipe. It’s delicious both ways but for visual appeal, I’d add it all at the end]


And here's your finished product- festive, and super yummy and addictive!
Good thing I have great people to share my goodies with, or else I'd eat it all!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment