food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Breakfast Berry Protein Smoothies

Hey there everybody!

I like to make a lot of my food ahead of time so I'm not so bogged down during the week when I need to get places and do things, but eating would be nice too. So I make a week's worth of Breakfast Protein Smoothies each weekend, then defrost in the fridge overnight each day- perfect to get something solid in, even when you can't think of anything else. Let me show you how easy! And it's important to remember- you can make this any flavor you want- any fruit, any flavor protein powder- make it to your tastes :)

Your arsenal- from ice and frozen fruit, to yogurt and milk, and your protein powder, metamucil, and milk.
Blend all of your ingredients together. Shout out to my sister Dare for gifting me this blender for my birthday this year- I use it almost daily, and it is amazing! But the point of this is that my blender is big enough to just put all the ingredients in and blend, scrape once, and blend to perfection. You might need two batches for a smaller blender.
And here are the finished smoothies- a giant pitcher of berry breakfast goodness!


Breakfast Berry Protein Smoothies (1 week/7 servings)
-14 ice cubes (about 2-3 cups)
-2-3 cups frozen fruit of your choice
-2 1/2 cups of plain, low-fat yogurt
-1 1/2 cups (approx.) low-fat milk- adjust amount for texture
-3 1/2 scoops high quality protein powder (30g protein per scoop, or adjust to make amount of protein equal)- I use half and half vanilla and strawberry, but you can use any flavor you like
-4 teaspoons Metamucil Clear & Natural (good and totally unnoticeable fiber in there for you!)
-3 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
Put all ingredients in a large blender (if yours is smaller, I suggest doing it in two batches), and blend well, scraping down sides if needed, until everything is smooth and pretty uniform.
Pour 1 - 1 1/4 cup servings into individual containers, and freeze.
Place smoothie in refrigerator last thing before going to bed and it’ll be perfect for you when you wake up in the morning!


Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cup servings into individual jars or containers, and stick them in your freezer. Take one out last thing each night and you'll have a perfect smoothie in the morning.

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment