food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, December 22, 2014

Skillet Cookie

Hey there everyone,

This post is more of an idea than a recipe- because you can really take this concept, and apply it to your favorite cookie- however you like it! I started with the base for my Perfected Chocolate Chip Cookies, then added in whatever I felt like each time I made a cookie. These were inspired by an awesome find at Goodwill about a month ago where I found a 5-inch cast iron skillet- the perfect size for massive indulgence, or the perfect size for 2 to share. Just butter the skillet well, load it up with the dough (only fill 1/2-2/3 of the way full), set your oven to whatever temperature your cookie recipe says, and bake! It takes me about twice as long to cook a skillet cookie that is 5 inches as regular cookies- between 17-20 minutes or so. Just make sure you have a tall glass of milk to accompany this!


Your easy arsenal- skillet, butter, dough, and add-ins. I have some of the nuts separate because I like more than the BF does :)
Load up your buttered skillet.
Bake, then enjoy this thing of beauty- don't be deceived, it's super gooey and delish in the center, with crispy edges all around. Yumm!

Savor it! and give it a try!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment