food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

I came across a recipe recently that stood out to me for one big reason- it was almost identical to my Grandmother's Peanut Butter Balls recipe, except in bar form- big win! What a good idea- take that delicious dessert and make it quicker and easier to make so you can have it year round- I was quite pleased with the idea! The one difference is that these squares have the addition of graham cracker crumbs to add some more substance to the peanut butter mixture.

So I quickly stepped into the kitchen and whipped these up in a matter of minutes using my trusty microwave- basing the recipe on the peanut butter balls but adding in graham cracker crumbs and they came out delicious! I hope you try these soon...


Here are the simple ingredients...


And the quick-to-mix-up dough!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
-1 1/2 cups butter, divided
-4 cups confectioner's sugar
-2 cups peanut butter
-1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
-1 cup chocolate chips
Melt one cup of the butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Stir in the sugar, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs until mixture is uniform. Pat out into a pan (9'' x 13'' for a full recipe, I made a 1/2 a recipe here). Melt the chocolate chips and remaining butter together, then pour over the peanut butter mixture. Chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares and enjoying!



Pat the dough out into a pan...


Then pour chocolate on top!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment