food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Baked Mac & Cheese

I've been away on a little vacation for the past few days, so I apologize for any delay in posting! I also very much apologize for the fact that this post won't have any pictures in it- I've been totally forgetting to take pictures when I cook and bake! But don't worry, I'll be home tomorrow and will be back on track shortly after!

So today I'm just going to give you my basic recipe for Baked Mac & Cheese, which you can modify and play around with according to your personal tastes. But it's super simple to make, and miles above the boxed stuff, so I hope you give it a try!


Baked Mac & Cheese
-1 lb. pasta
-2 tablespoons butter
-1/4 cup flour
-1 cup milk
-2 cups shredded cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
Grease a 9'' x 13'' or 8'' x 8'' pan and preheat your oven to 350 F.
Boil pasta until just underdone- it will bake more in the oven.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour. Once incorporated, add the milk and whisk until it forms a nice sauce. Add salt and pepper and then stir in the cheese until melted. Pour the pasta and then the sauce into your greased pan, and stir together well. Top with a sprinkle of a little more cheese (and breadcrumbs if you desire, they're not my cup of tea!)
Bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes, until bubbly and delicious!


I hope you make this and enjoy it- it's super simple, and you can play around with the type of cheese you use, and you can even add add-ins like bacon or caramelized onions!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment