food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hola!

I have a huge collection of cookie recipes, but I look at them so often and have made most of them at least once that every once in a while I need to do a new search online and find some new recipes. That's what I did a few weeks back and when I came across this recipe, I just knew this is what I had been waiting for. Yeah, I found other good recipes that I can't wait to try, but I had to try these first! Peanut butter, pretzels, chocolate chips, and sea salt all in one cookie? Why didn't I think of this? Alas, I did not (I was inspired by this recipe), but either way, I got a great new cookie recipe. These are sweet, salty, just a little chewy, with a little crunch- perfection! Enough talk! Let's go!

Cream together butters and sugars.
Then add in your eggs and vanilla (I only made a 1/2 batch, that's why only 1 egg!)
Add in your chocolate chips and crushed pretzels.
Here's the finished dough- beautiful and almost impossible to resist trying!
Scoop onto your baking sheets (shout out to Dare, thanks for the Silpat for my bday!), and sprinkle with sea salt.


Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe mostly from The Cooking Actress)
-1/2 cup butter
-1 cup peanut butter
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 cup flour
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-2/3 cup chocolate chips
-1 cup crushed pretzels (I used my mini-cuisinart)
-sea salt for sprinkling
Cream butters and sugars together. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add in dry ingredients, and stir well. Mix in pretzels and chocolate chips.
Chill dough for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Scoop onto a baking sheet (silpat or parchment paper ideal), and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake at 350 F for 10-14 minutes or until the edges start to brown.


And the beautiful finished cookies!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment