food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Spinach (Yogurt) Dip

I've been gobbling up this spinach dip for the better part of my life, and it never fails to satisfy. It's light and delicious on chips, pita, carrots, other veggies, baked potatoes- I could go on. My mom has had this recipe for years and passed it along to me and my sister. I'm including the picture of the recipe in a community cookbook as submitted by my mom. This is a quick post as I pack to fly across the country, but I really hope you give this a try- it takes minutes to make and makes a wonderful appetizer or snack!


Spinach Yogurt Dip, memorialized in an early 90s community cookbook.


Here's the spinach and the rest of the ingredients are in the bowl.


Spinach Dip
-1 package frozen spinach, thawed
-2 cups plain yogurt
-1/2 cup mayo
-2 green onions, diced, or 1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon sugar
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Drain and chop spinach (squeeze out as much water as possible).
Mix all ingredients together, and enjoy with whatever you can think of!



Here's the unglamorous but fantastic spinach dip- enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

1 comment:

  1. The Wizard of Oz: What does it mean? - Trick To Action
    But 예스 벳 we've been playing a 1x bet lot with that. 룰렛 사이트 We've seen the Wizard of Oz movie on television. But who 토팡 knows? 스포츠 실시간 중계 벳피스트

    ReplyDelete