food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Whipped Cream Cupcakes

Hi everyone!

It's the dog days of summer and I've been traveling, so I've been pretty darn tired, so this won't be too lengthy of a post. But! I have a great recipe for you and a few pictures so you have something to try out until next time I post.

These whipped cream cupcakes use, somewhat obviously, whipped cream as their base instead of butter or oil. They're light and delicious. I topped mine with a simple chocolate frosting, and they were fabulous.


Here's the light and fluffy batter...


And the cupcakes ready for the oven (I did a few stars as well!).


Whipped Cream Cupcakes
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
-2 eggs
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
-1 1/4 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Whip the cream to stiff peaks, then beat in the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Then stir in the dry ingredients. Spoon into cupcake tins lined with papers (or greased) and fill halfway.
Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Top as you like!



Here are the cupcakes all baked up to light golden perfection.


And the finished cupcakes- fantastic! I hope you try this recipe!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment