food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Bowl Cupcakes for 2-3

I whipped up these cupcakes the other night when I was having a bit of a low point, and boy were they exactly what I needed! These are fluffy and delicious cupcakes, and they only make 2 or 3, so you can't eat too many! I made these exactly by the recipe below, but I'll also put in notes as to how to increase the recipe slightly. Feel free to frost these as you like, or to put in chocolate chips or anything you can think of to make these even more yummy. I made my cupcakes plain vanilla and I frosted them with caramel frosting- delicious!



Here's the batter for the cupcakes...



And here's the batter ready to be baked (mine were a tad overfilled)



And here are the cupcakes all baked up


One Bowl Cupcakes for 2-3
-1 egg white
-2 tablespoons white sugar
-2 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup flour
-heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Mix all ingredients in order. Pour into 2 or three muffin tin liners.
Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Then frost and decorate as desired!

NOTES: I think this recipe could be increased slightly to make 3-4 or so cupcakes if you used the whole egg (white and yolk), and increased the flour by a tablespoon or two. I'll be sure to let you know when I give it a shot!




Here are the ingredients I used for the frosting- I pretty much just mixed it up and added bits of sugar or caramel syrup until I got the right consistency.


And here's the frosting ready to be used!



 And here are the finished cupcakes, ready to eat! What a perfectly sized treat for when you're feeling a little low!


I hope you try this recipe- It's super simple and could be taken in so many directions. Give it a shot!

Savor it!
love, rue


p.s. The next post will be a guest post courtesy of my wonderful Mom, who is in Mexico at the moment, so get excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment