food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bourbon Bread Pudding

I myself am not too big a fan of alcohol- I don't drink, and I rarely cook with it, but I got absolutely rave reviews on this recipe when I made it for Valentine's day. I also haven't made too many bread puddings in my life, but this one turned out perfect on the first try, and I have a feeling you could take it in a lot of different directions- you could omit the bourbon and add more milk or a different flavoring agent, add spices, different dried fruit- the possibilities are endless.


Here are all the parts to the pudding- the bread, wet ingredient mixture, and raisins.


And here's the pudding after it has soaked and chilled in the fridge for about an hour.


And here's the bread pudding just out of the oven- nicely browned on top and it smelled delicious!


Bourbon Bread Pudding
-8 oz. white bread, cubed
-1 cup milk
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup bourbon
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 egg
-1/3 cup raisins
-caramel sauce for serving
Toast the bread in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Mix the wet ingredients together, then add the bread and raisins. Chill for 45 minutes at least.
Grease a 9'' baking dish, and transfer the mixture to it. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes covered with foil, then uncovered for 10 more minutes. Serve with a drizzle of caramel sauce- and enjoy!



And since it was Valentine's day, I cut the pudding out in the shape of hearts to serve it- so cute!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment