food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cream Cheese Amaretto Pound Cake

I've been making a cream-cheese pound cake for a few years now, and this time I decided to throw in some amaretto as the flavoring ingredient next to the vanilla. Making a pound cake with cream cheese in addition to butter makes it light and fluffy and absolutely delicious- feel free to use it instead of biscuits for strawberry short cake (delicious!) and to make any sort of variation you can think of!

If I make another amaretto version of this, I might omit the vanilla altogether and add more amaretto to make that taste stand out more, though it certainly made itself known in the finished cake. I imagine glazing or frosting this cake would put it really over the top!


Here are the ingredients- simple as pie! (I softened my butter and cream cheese in the microwave)


And here's how the batter should look when finished- just don't eat it with a spoon!


For this recipe, I used a 9-inch round pan instead of a loaf pan, and it turned out beautifully.


Cream Cheese Amaretto Pound Cake
-1 1/2 sticks butter
-4 oz cream cheese
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla (1 teaspoon for plain pound cake)
-1 tablespoon amaretto (omit for plain pound cake)
-3 eggs
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Beat the softened butter and cream cheese together, then beat in the sugar and salt. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and amaretto, then stir in the flour and baking powder.
Grease pan. Bake at 325 F for 60-75 minutes for a loaf pan, or about 55 minutes for a 9-inch round pan.



And the finished cake- Enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

1 comment:

  1. I would be happy to savor this, please send it to me.

    ReplyDelete