food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

When I started this blog, I planned on just keeping it going through Winter Term here at school, but I've discovered that some of you out there are actually reading this, so I'll keep going, though possibly with a little less frequency (maybe 1-2 recipes per week? just so you know!). So this recipe isn't a family one, and isn't one I grew up with- just me making some cookies for my friends- and these were delicious!

This chewy chocolate cookie base is perfect for making plain chocolate cookies, or you can add whatever strikes your fancy- nuts, peanut butter or chocolate chips, caramel bits, coconut, or anything else you can think of- use your imagination! I used peppermint chips in these cookies, and they're just the perfect thing for a cold day with some hot cocoa!


Here are the cookies ready to go into the oven- I forgot a picture of the dough, sorry!


Chewy Chocolate Cookies
-1 1/4 cup butter (2 1/2 sticks)
-2 cups sugar
-2 eggs
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-2 cups flour
-3/4 cup cocoa
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1-2 cups of add-ins
Cream the butter and sugar, stir in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Then add whatever add-ins you like.
Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes on ungreased baking sheets (unless using caramel bits, then grease the pans).



And the finished cookies- delectable! Enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment