food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creme de Menthe Cookies (with Andes mint chips!)

I've been making these cookies for a few years now, ever since I found out they made Andes Mint chips; and I've got to tell you, they're a huge hit. Sometimes I make these cookies chocolate to truly make them mint-chocolate cookies, but this time I made them plain, but the Andes Mint chips make these fabulous! It's a pretty basic cookie base that mixes up quickly and bakes up beautifully. On to the recipe and pictures!


Here are the cookies on the baking sheet- I always forget to take a picture of the batter!


And the cookies all baked up!


Creme de Menthe Cookies
-1 stick butter
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup white sugar
-2 eggs
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-2 2/3 cups flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe chips
Cream the butter and sugars, mix in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, or until just starting to brown on top.



The finished cookies- Enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow wish I could!
    Can't get Andes mints here ... but maybe peppermints which leads me to ... those brownies with the mint layer!

    or the Santa Fe Brownies!

    go girl. love, your mom

    ReplyDelete