food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Monkey Bread

I tried to resist monkey bread for a long time. As a lifelong lover and loyal fan of sticky buns, I felt monkey bread was a sort of cheat code for sticky buns. However, a few summers ago I was reading a food blog and came across monkey bread yet again. I didn't want to make it, I didn't want to give in to the glorious goodness that was calling to me, but I did. I made it. That day. And I ate every single bite. That day. It was not a healthy decision, but it opened my world to the wonders of monkey bread, and its cheat code for delicious.

This recipe isn't fancy. I don't even make the biscuits I use in it- I buy the kind in the can from the store- something I never ever do. But it's worth it for this (though I'm sure you could make your own, it'd just make your wait for the fantastic monkey bread longer). So let's get to the recipe and pictures!


Here are your ingredients- so easy!


And here's the monkey bread ready to go into the oven- you can tell it's going to be delicious!


Monkey Bread
-2 cans butter flavor biscuits
-sugar and cinnamon for rolling
-1 stick butter
-1 cup brown sugar
Quarter the biscuits, and roll them in cinnamon sugar before placing in your greased baking dish (I've learned that a single or double layer is best, not more).
Microwave the butter and brown sugar until melted together and pour over the biscuits.
Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes and enjoy- it's that easy!



And the finished monkey bread- try this soon and your house will smell delicious and your tummy will be full and happy!

Savor it!
love, rue

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm gotta disagree a bit. there is no cheating in cooking! as in life, whatever works. this reminds me of making the store-bought bread into pepperoni/cheese bread at the shore ... and putting it on the table for everyone ... going back to the kitchen for a plate, returning and every slice was GONE!
    love yr mom

    ReplyDelete