food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blondies

I apologize for my absence! It was mid-terms week and then spring break, so I've been in Miami for a week visiting my sister, and I didn't get any blogging done while I was there. But to bring us back together, I offer you these delicious blondies! They're really easy to make and so delicious- and feel free to add anything you like to these- I think they would be good with chocolate or butterscotch chips, some caramel, or almost anything else you could think of. I made these with coconut!


Here's the blondie batter, ready to be baked!


And here are the blondies right out of the oven- golden brown and delicious!


Blondies
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-2/3 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 egg
-1 egg yolk
-1 tablespoon corn syrup
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
-1 cup flour
-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
-1/8 teaspoon baking soda
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-2/3 cup add-ins (I used coconut)
Combine the butter and sugars, stir in the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla. Then stir in the flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Stir in your add-ins, if using.
Bake in a 8''x8'' greased pan at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.



And here are the blondies cut and ready to eat- enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment