food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Monday, April 25, 2011

One Bowl Brownies

Hello again! I'm still as busy as a bee (three weeks left before exams!) so I'll leave you with another delicious recipe that's easy as pie. I've been making these one-bowl brownies my whole life, and you can take them in almost any direction you can think of. This time I made them as little mini-brownies and added peanut butter chips- just think of the possibilities!


Here are the brownies ready for baking- the batter is so yummy!


One Bowl Brownies
-4 1 oz. squares baking chocolate (or 3/4 cup cocoa and 1/4 cup oil)
-3/4 cup butter
-2 cups sugar
-3 eggs
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1 cup flour
-pinch of salt
-1 cup or so of add-ins (optional)
Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave. Stir in the sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
Grease a 9 x 13 pan, mini-muffin tin, or other pan.
Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes for 9 x 13, or less for smaller pans.



And here are the finished brownies- I got to make these on a rare day of sunlight! Enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! A classic Great recipe. These are the first brownies I've made here at 6,000 ft that have turned out well. I used half butter / half coconut oil, added some instant coffee powder (like the Cooks Ill brownie) and used half white /whole wheat flour & half white/brown sugar. FABULOUS and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete