food isn't any good unless you have some fun!

come on in and enjoy!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies- my perfect(ed) recipe

Hi again! As in many families, chocolate chip cookies were a staple of my childhood and quite the go-to cookie in our household. I grew up making the classic Toll House recipe, and using it to make many variations- with butterscotch chips, with rice krispies, etc. However, I was never quite satisfied with this recipe because the cookies come out nice and soft from the oven, but they quickly become harder and crisper as they cool, and my ultimate goal was for a cookie that stayed soft and chewy- my favorite kind!

So, browsing a food site on the internet one day (as I am wont to do), I came across a chocolate chip cookie recipe that used caramel syrup in addition to the other classic ingredients, and this turned out to be the golden ingredient to my cookies. After some modification, I came up with the recipe below, and use it to make all kinds of cookies now- try adding whatever type of chips, m&ms, dried fruit, oatmeal or add-ins you like!

For these cookies I used mini chocolate chips (what I usually use), and I also threw in a handful or two of chopped up peanut butter m&ms- about 2/3 to 3/4 of a cup of each.


The cookie dough all finished being made!


The cookies ready to be baked- I bought myself a cookie scoop about 6 months ago, and I LOVE it- makes perfect size cookies every time! (look at me, I sound like I'm on a commercial or something ha!)


Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
-1 cup butter (2 sticks)
-3/4 cup white sugar
-1 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs
-1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
-1/4 cup caramel sauce (any kind- can make your own or buy it!)
-3 3/4 cups flour
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
-bag of mini chocolate chips (or whatever your add-in(s) of choice is!)
Cream the butter, and sugars well. Add the eggs, vanilla, and caramel sauce and mix well. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and stir well. Add your add-ins and give it one last mix.
Bake at 350 F for 9-11 minutes.



The finished cookies- enjoy!

Savor it!
love, rue

No comments:

Post a Comment